Sunday, April 26, 2009

Busy week

This past week we decided to use our connect pass that we got from Easter. We started out at the Aquarium and then went to the Hogle Zoo. Lizzy loved the fish & the animals. She kept saying "more monkeys" & "more animals."




If you look close, their tails are wrapped around each others, so cute!

We forgot the cooler packed with our lunch, so we stopped by L&L Hawaiian BBQ for lunch on our way to the Gateway Mall. We went to Gateway Discover Children's Museum and the Clark Planetarium. We got to watch an IMAX 3D Under Water movie(45 minutes), it was pretty cool, and Lizzy left the glasses on most of the time! We spend some time walking around the mall and John ran into some friends from Tracy that live in Draper now, what a small world.



It was free ice cream day at Ben & Jerry's, so we had to stop for a treat. Lizzy made such a mess on her shirt, we decided to go back to the Gymboree store and get the shirt that we almost bought earlier. We then took TRAX to Temple Square and had dinner at the Lion House. The rolls there are so good and I really liked their corn chowder. We headed back to Gateway on TRAX, and then headed home. It was a long day and I got a little sun burn on the back of my neck, but we had fun.

On Wednesday I was able to go to our Ward Enrichment. It was great, and I got to meet a lot of people.

On Friday we went to services for baby Paul. Lizzy let us put her hair up for a few minutes... the only time she's kept them in is when we play on the swings and slides. Oh well, someday we'll get her hair cut & it will look cute down (I hope this week). We got a mattress and bedding for Lizzy last night, and she loves it! She was so excited when we set it all up, she was jumping (both feet off the ground).

It seems that everything she says and does is so cute this week. She's been talking a lot more, and saying more sentences. She also repeated a prayer for the first time this week! She's saying a lot of names, and loves to look at the pictures of everyone on the computer.

She's been saying some funny things when she first wakes up:
1. "Sushi" with a huge grin on her face - and she's been saying this a lot during the day, especially when we ask what she wants, or where she wants to go - makes daddy happy :)
2. "chop, chop, Eric" (Eric, John's business partner, taught her that one, hand motions and all).
My little girl is growing up so fast! I could go on and on about all the things she's doing! She'll be two this Saturday, so I've been trying to make a list!
These next couple weeks are going to be busy as well. Family is coming into town this weekend for birthdays, and my cousins are coming the following Monday - Wednesday. Kristy is going into the MTC on May 6th!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. We saw the Under Water 3D show here. We all really liked it, can you believe that was Jim Carrey narrating?
    I love all the pictures. I can't believe Lizzy is going to be 2 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love her hair like that so cute! L&L BBQ sound really good right now, it reminds me of Hawaii. Looks like you guys had fun. we miss you all. love Becca

    ReplyDelete